Tippmann has been setting the standard for entry level paintball guns since the beginning of time. The Tippmann 98 Custom Platinum has to be their flagship gun as it can be seen in just about every store and paintball field in the world. This paintball gun is the field owner's rental paintball gun of choice, as it is one of the easiest guns on the market to maintain and fix if anything does go wrong. These guns are meant to withstand any condition - rain, sleet or snow. They have a great feel in your grip with the front handle setup away from the hosing.
Now, let's go over what makes the ACT just a bit different.
Tippmann 98 Custom ACT Benefits:
The Tippmann ACT system, which stands for anti-chop technology is patent-pending technology. This technology has truly made the 98 an even more efficient gun.
It does so by drastically reducing ball chopping (paint breaking when you shoot). Essentially what it does, is makes it so the bolt is much softer when it hits the paintball. This reduces the number of times you need to stop during play in order to clean out your barrel. Nothing is more annoying than chopping paint and the ACT reduces the headache of cleaning out your barrel. With the 98 Custom ACT, that's time you can spend in the game!
- Split receiver design - provides easier access to internal components for simplified installation of accessories and upgrades
- Easy to remove power tube - self sealing/locking gas line makes cleaning and maintaining your marker quick and easy
- Full Depth Pockets for ASA - eliminates the need to loosen the ASA bolts when dissassembling the marker
- Secure Front Site Spring and Trigger Pins - Easier to service and reassemble
- Matte Finish - Durable matte finish on ASA and barrel reduces reflective glare
- Picatinny Rails - makes adding carry handles, scopes, or sites a snap
- Vertical Front grip - redesigned front vertical grip for improved stability and added texture for a better feel
- Redesigned Sling Mount End Cap - allows easy attachment of a variety of different style slings
- ACT (Anti Chop Technology) is a patent pending design to help eliminate ball chopping and ensure consistent performance. Using a new technology that has the front and rear bolt working independently of each other, ACT virtually eliminates ball chopping and improves ball accuracy with less barrel cleaning. And unlike other anti chop systems, this system maintains ball velocity shot after shot and does not have to be re-cocked if the anti chop technology had to be engaged.
- Semi automatic, .68 caliber
- 8 1/2 inch Quick Thread stone honed high performance barrel
- Fully customizable to enhance performance
- All aluminum die cast receiver
- Fully customizable receiver and electronics adaptable
- Heavy duty stainless steel braided gas line
- Removable front grip to accept expansion chambers, vertical kits
- Wide range velocity adjustment screw
- Durable black finish
- 150+ foot effective range
- Trigger speed up to 8 shots per second
- Includes maintenance pack: allen wrench set, spare tank o ring, marker lubricant, cleaning cable